Friday, June 5, 2009

Upstate's Summer Fun Begins!!

Alive @ 5 begins tonight!!
It’s what everyone looks forward to doing on Thursday nights in the summer.
I even find myself wanting to go.
Between Alive @ 5 and great friends, last year was a summer to remember.

For those of you new to this whole upstate NY fiasco let me break it down;
It’s an excuse to get out of work, go to downtown Albany and party. Live music, cheap beer and probably a whole lot of faces you never planned on seeing again. Oh the awkwardness of it all, what more could you ask for?
Drunk people in abundance and such debauchery that even I have been appalled to admit I witnessed.
Ahh, good’ol drunken times in downtown Albany, gotta love it.

The best part is of course, the drunken people and the endless amounts of poorly dressed and scantily clad women. Let me just say, drunken women in short shorts, skirt, (ect) are the worse, yet the best in so many ways. Degradation is given a whole new name at Alive @ 5.
I do not judge people, but I do laugh at them.
Come on I’m human, your ass would laugh too.
Shit, I’m laughing right now just thinking about the endless amounts of ridiculousness I’m going to witness.

But not so excited about the people I’m gonna have to pretend I don’t see until they come and say “Hi Ashley, it’s been so long how are you?”
“Not well enough to converse with you.”
Yeah, that’s the desired reaction but of course, lil’ol me will be nice…
Womp womp.
But there are those select few people who I will pretend as if I don’t remember them, only because they don’t deserve the memory. I’ll know who they are as they pop up.

Smallbany…that’s the real name of this damned place.

But yes everyone, prepare for fun filled debauchery brought to you by Alive @ 5 every Thursday night this summer!

I’m excited.
Although, I have more fun at the block party on Pearl St. after Alive at 5 than I do at the actual event. Go figure.



*FYI, this was written yesterday but my comp froze and wouldn't post it*

No comments:

Post a Comment