Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Moving Forward.

Away. From. You.





I have a friend who said it best; “You are giving him false hope Ashley when you know there’s nothing left.” He is right.

After a 5yr relationship and a one yr on and off type thing, I finally officially told the father of my children, the man I though I’d spend the rest of my life with, that it is really over. I finally got him to realize it. After numerous conversations of me telling him, “I’m emotionally done with you- I am no more, I have nothing left to give.” He finally gets it. I think it was the finalization in my voice, the placement of my words, and the sadness in my tone that really helped him feel the end.

In a way this is a big disappointment to me because I really did think I would spend my life with him. This is not how I pictured my life at 24. But I am surprisingly happy. I know for a fact that this is the best decision for me and my children. They need me happy and carefree- not stressful, angry, resentful ect…

“Disappointment is a product of expectation; the less you expect of someone, the less you’ll be disappointed.” *Perdo*

And to be honest I haven’t expected anything this past 1 1/2yr, so to contradict myself, I am not disappointed.

My mind, body and soul are now as free as my heart has been for the past year.



*Drops mic*

No comments:

Post a Comment