Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Art. Like I've never seen it before.

Call me uneducated when it comes to Art but I haven't seen anything profoundly beautiful lately.
I can google practically any artist. Any type of art. Any year.

But Art these days is not the Art of those days.
And I've fallen in-love with the Art of those days.





Leonardo Da Vinci equals what?
Mona Lisa (1506) and the Last Supper (1498)
(His self portrait, the face of a woman, and the anatomy of a man)
Pretty much that's all I know, (and as you can see I only know the actual name and date of two).
In school it was as if that was all that mattered. And personally, I don't see the big deal with the Mona Lisa. And The Last Supper is only interesting because of the controversy surrounding it. Don't get me wrong, it is beautifully painted but no real reaction from me.

I happen to come across alot of his other paintings recently and I was left speechless.
My personal favorite is 'Fight between a Dragon and a Lion.'

One interesting fact about Da Vinci is the recent findings that many scholars (whomever) are coming across. The fact that many of his paintings actually have mirror images of God (some say). Regardless of who the images are of it is absolutely stunning.





This is the most intiguing picture I've ever set eyes on. Don't get me wrong, it creeps me out, but i love it. And yes, I am a huge Dali fan and his artwork is stunning to me but this image sends a chill down my spine, but it's satisfying chill that I can't get enough of.
That picture was actually found in the mirror image of 'Mona Lisa' right in the lower right corner. And it's actually seen in 'Mary, Christ, St. Anne and the Infant St. John' (the charcoal version, not the oil painted one). It is absolutely stunning.


Check out the charcoal one and see if you see it.

And here's the sight were they point out the image in the Mona Lisa.


All I can say is;
I wish my art teacher would have put more emphasis on more of Da Vinci's paintings rather than the select few.
Because paintings like these would have made me follow my younger dreams of being an artist.















Now my bigger love has a different view on things.
He goes by the name of Salvador Dali, and he gets a Blog all to himself...
*drops mic*

No comments:

Post a Comment