Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ill Mannered

I like to think I'm enough into music to give opinions on it.

Drake:

All I can say is "Wow!"
yea, that dude from Degrassi.

Which is funny to me because I remember some years back when he did that song 'Replacement Girl" ft. Trey Songz...I thought it was a joke. Not that the song wasn't hot, but they premiered it right after Degrassi @ like 11pm and i was like,

"Is he serious?"
and well, he was. Very much so.

And here I am admitting years later that the kid is fly.
Lyrically he's surpassing many of these other rappers out here and the boy is 22.
They're sitting around comparing him to Lil Wayne, which i guess as a rapper he may be thinking, this is great. But really, lil wayne?
If you really listen to all his songs, he's not.
His voice is beautiful [not suicidally annoying]
His rhymes are straight forward and very surprising

["Did he really just say that?"]

and definitely not repetitive.
[if there's one thing that pisses me off about lil wayne is his repetitiveness]

Drake KILLED the Ransom track ft Weezy...outshines him with no problem.
Don't believe me?
http://www.myspace.com/thisisdrake

I took the liberty of dl'ing 'So Far Gone,' and I can't get enough of it.
I highly recommend doing the same.
It's interesting how he goes from a singing as well as he does on 'Brand New' and then goin in on 'The Calm.'
I'm definitely impressed.
[Yes, because I matter]

And that Hot97 freestyle on 4/19...CRAZY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VnWPRNzd3Q

Drake-Congratulations [smh] CRACK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-OzvlQyYks


Wether you agree or not, the Kid is goin hard right now.
I applaude the album -

[And if Bway doesn't get him to the 518, I will personally beat his ass =P]

*drops mic*

No comments:

Post a Comment